Jan 6, 2013

2013 European Reading Challenge

For the past three years I read many novels written by Turkish, American and British authors and I read so many sci-fi and fantasy novels. This year I'm trying to optimize the genres I read and discover more from world literature so I decided to join Rose City Reader's 2013 European Reading Challenge

At first I thought it would be easy to find books from my TBR pile to challenge myself to be a Five Star (Deluxe Entourage). That means I will read 5 books from 5 different countries. I excluded Turkey to challenge myself a bit further. When I went through my TBR pile, I managed to find 5 books but I also realized that my TBR is still dominated by Turkish and American authors. When I'm out or go online for buying books, I'll be more careful in 2013.

Here are the books I will read for this challenge:
  1. The Wind in the Willows / Kenneth Grahame / Scotland
  2. Night Train to Lisbon / Pascal Mercier / Switzerland
  3. The Unbearable Lightness of Being / Milan Kundera / Czech Republic
  4. I, Robot / Isaac Asimov / Russia
  5. The Golden Volcano / Jules Verne / France
If you want to join this challenge as well, please click here.

4 comments :

  1. oooo pascal mercier! good luck! when i read ruiz zafon it reminds me a lot to mercier... but zafon is not that heavy philosophical stuff... i'm curious if you like the book!
    and kundera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pascal Mercier has become very popular in Turkey with this book so I had to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for signing up for the European Reading Challenge! Sorry it took me a while to get here to visit. Happy reading!

    Wind in the Willows is an all-time favorite of mine. Enjoy! And I just read The Unbearable Lightness of Being for my Czech choice. Your other books look great too!

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete